The ECT – European Class in Truck Maintenance – project was a Leonardo da Vinci Transfer of Innovation project carried out 2007-2009. The main aims of the project was to utilise and experiment on the ECVET framework (i.e European Credit System for Vocational Education and Training) for transnational mobility. The ECT project was one of the first generation ECVET pilot projects. The main result of the project was the European Class concept that provides vocational students in truck maintenance an opportunity to do part of their training at a partner school in Europe. The European Class concept includes units of learning outcomes in trucks maintenance, templates such as Learning agreement and Memorandum of understanding, as well as information products about the European Class and ECVET.
The added value of the project was to prepare the operational stage of the implementation of the ECVET device within a national VET system.
The ECVET context of the ECT project
The project aim was to test the ECVET technical specifications through the integration of a European common core within a national training path for Trucks maintenance (using the base of the current mobility programme). The following ECVET Tools were tested:
– The elaboration of training modules defined in learning outcomes integrating European mobility.
– The creation of the need for mutual trust between the partner organisations and elaboration of a specific process to ensure the quality of the training achieved abroad.
– The impact of the national certification system on the ECVET device implementation (according to the subsidiarity principle).
The specific objectives were linked to the issues raised in the European VET policy according to the following:
– By facilitating the creation of a new European technician’s professional profile focus on the practical side and application of the skill and respecting the ECVET technical specifications
– By developing the attractiveness of training centres by offering quality training
– By improving their European strategy and to contribute to the modernization and adaptation of European system of vocational education
– By developing a training provision, which does not exist in some partner countries.
For more information about the project: ECT